Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Dear Aiden......

Dear Aiden,

This morning I was driving in to work at 6 am for an early meeting and listening to some music on the radio. It was so dark because of the time change {plus mommy does NOT go to work at 6 am on a regular basis} so it was kinda weird driving in today.

My mind went to you {as it does so very often} and I was taken back to your birthday last year. I remembered how much I wanted to see your face. To finally meet the little person who had been growing inside me for 9 months. And I remember that morning....how in an instant all my hopes and dreams were crushed. You were gone.

And yet I still imagined your face.......

Would you have my eyes or nose? Your daddy's ears or lips?

What would my precious boy look like?

This morning as I drove I remembered the instant I laid eyes on you for the first time. How beautiful and perfect you were. How absolutely amazing it was to see you finally after waiting so long. That gorgeous face- so perfect and so like your daddy's. It brought tears to my eyes then as it did this morning.

Today was just one of those hard days. One of those days where I wish I could rewind time and do something {anything} differently and save you. One of those days where I want to just crawl back in the bed and pretend that you're here with us- that things are different.

I wish I could see you again, hold you again, kiss you again. I wish I could have your here with me now.

I miss you so much baby boy. Some days it still seems so unreal that we are living this life without you. That your first birthday in Heaven was just 13 days ago. How has it already been 2 weeks? Your due date is coming up in 2 more weeks. And that will be another tough day. So will Christmas. It will be our second Christmas without you. Sigh.......

I'm always reminded of what a precious gift you were to us. Our baby boy, our beautiful angel. You still bring so much love and hope to our lives every day. We love you more than words can ever fully express. I'm so happy to be your mama.

I miss you, I love you......

Love Always,

Mommy

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

And Aiden is very lucky to have you as his Mama!

Molly said...

I still have many days of disbelief as well. Oh to rewind time...

Lj82 said...

You and your hubby are so cute, I'm sure Aiden was just lovely.
I wish we all could rewind, *sigh*.

DandelionBreeze said...

Such a beautiful letter to your darling Aiden... your words brought tears to my eyes. You're an amazing mum to Aiden & Jack :)) Love to you all xoxo

Deanna said...

I was thinking today as well that sometimes it feels like this really didn't happen, I am not really living my life without River here. I also wish we could rewind. Sending you lots of love. Remembering our babies always ((hugs))

Ashley said...

Beautiful letter to your baby boy, thank you for sharing it with us. Thinking of you...holiday season is hard :( Definitely not looking forward to it. Hopefully the days will be easy on you.

Caroline said...

Thinking of you so much. What a beautiful letter & so much love. I have been thinking of my little ones and all of the other babies gone too soon & the parents

((<3}}

Amy von Oven said...

You are great and he is a blessed baby boy. He would be so proud of you, praying!!!

Post a Comment

Lovely Little Notes....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...