I wanted to take a moment to share with you all the amazing ministry that Shaina has started. Rows for Remembrance was created to help families who have suffered a pregnancy loss remember their little angels. Here is a description of the ministry from the blog site:
"Rows for Remembrance was created to minister to mothers and fathers who are sometimes forgotten in traditional ministry. Some parents never hold a baby in their arms, but forever hold them in their hearts. This ministry is designed to bring them a way of remembering their little ones, no matter how short the time they were carried with them.
Rows for Remembrance strives to bring hope to families who feel like their world is crashing around them. We also strive to provide a lasting memory as a comfort to the families we call our Angel Families."
I was so touched when Shania reached out to me last month and asked if this ministry could create a blanket for Aiden. I am always in awe of how amazing this baby loss community is.....so much love from those who share your pain. I am so grateful that she found me and offered to provide us with this loving gift.
Each blanket has rows that represent the weeks each little angel lived. The blankets start out with 20 rows each and then an additional row is added for every week that the baby was carried. Aiden's blanket will have 56 rows for the 36 weeks he was with us. Each of the 36 rows will be knitted so they stand out from the other 20 rows on the blanket to signify the 36 weeks of his sweet life.
If you would like to help with this ministry please visit the Rows For Remembrance blog and check out the how to help page. She needs a variety of things including: people who can knit, yarn, stationary, and prayers. Take a moment to stop by and see what you can do to help. You can also apply to receive a blanket for yourself or someone you know that has experienced a pregnancy loss. Also please pray for Shania and all the other hands that are working so hard on these special sweet blankets.
I can't say THANK YOU enough to this fabulous mama and her wonderful new ministry!!!!












I'd love to hear from you!
































5 comments:
Thank you for this wonderful post!
What a beautiful ministry! I just saw one of their finished blankets on their blog and it is so beautiful. Can't wait to see pictures of Aiden's blanket!
You're welcome Shaina- thank you for what you're doing!
I know Mary I can't wait to see it either!!!
Shaina does such great work... looking forward to seeing Aiden's blanket too xoxo
Post a Comment
Lovely Little Notes....