Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy List Saturdays #4 and a Giveaway!



This Happy List Saturday is bittersweet for me because today marks 5 months since we lost Aiden.  Today he would have been 5 months old.  So I'm going to try to come up with a few things but please bear with me as today is a little tough.

1. Traveling- Just got back from Seattle with Nygel on Tuesday night :)  I was working but he was able to go with me and we managed to get lots of fun and food in.  Here are a few pics:




I'll do another post later with more details about Seattle....it really was a good trip and I can't wait to share it with you guys.

2. Jewelry Armor- My friend Tiffany (Juju's mommy) is doing a lovely giveaway on her blog this month. She posted about wearing an "armor" of jewelry when she goes out and it made me think about my armor of jewelry as well.  I shared it with Tiffany and I thought I'd share it here for you too.  

Nygel got me this ring for Valentine's Day from James Avery- it's Aiden's birthstone and I love that the band is textured and thick.  I wear it every day :)

Via

I got this bracelet on Wednesday and I love it :)  My mom and I were looking around one of my favorite little shops- Magpies- and I found this beautiful silver bangle. I haven't take it off since (ok well except to shower- lol) It makes me think of Aiden and God.......


Via

The verse on the outside reads "Remember I am with you always" and on the inside "Matthew 28:20."  I plan to have the inside engraved with Aiden's name as well.

3. New camera lenses- very excited about these because I'll be able to do so much more with my camera now.

4. Days off- I love days off and I had one today with my mom.  It was great!

5. Sleeping/Naps- I really do love to sleep and I usually take a nap on Saturday and Sunday- lol!  Today I was so emotionally exhausted that after Nygel left for work I posted about how much I was struggling and immediately fell asleep with the lap top still on my lap.  AND I slept until 12:30 pm- yes that's right- I slept half the day away. I completely wore myself out on Thursday that's for sure. But when I woke up I felt so relaxed and much better than before I went to sleep.  I think naps are just fabulous- wish I would have take more advantage when I was a kid.

6. Aiden's Butterfly- Another lovely baby loss mama Rachel posted this beautiful picture today on her blog.....thank you so much for doing this for us.  His butterfly is gorgeous!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!


Sorry my list is not very long this week.  Please join in and share your Happy for this week....I know seeing your lists will bring a smile to my face and I really need it today.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decided two things would really make me happy today on Aiden's 5 month birthday.  First we are going to release some balloons for Aiden with my mom before she goes home today.  The thought of him getting messages from all three of us makes me smile. Nygel is out getting the balloons right now- love him :)

The second is a giveaway for one of the other Baby Loss Mamas that share this journey with me.  I honestly could not get through this without you guys.  Whenever I need anything you are all there supporting and sharing love.  Soooooo I haven't really planned out what the giveaway will be :)  That's what happens when you sleep for most of the day on your day off. BUT it will be good- I promise!!  I have started making a lot of handmade items in addition to our Blocks of Love and once I pick the winner I'll contact you to personalize a special gift for your little angel.

To enter it's simple- just join in our Happy List Saturdays Blog Hop. I need all the happy I can get this week so please add your list to the McLinky below.  I love, love, love reading your lists each week. Once you enter your blog/Happy List on the McLinky I will add you to the drawing :) See- so easy this week!

The Happy List Saturdays McLinky will be open until Sunday at Midnight so you have plenty of time to write your post.

If you'd like to get up to two more entries in the drawing you can follow our Blocks of Love blog page (1 extra entry) and follow our Blocks of Love page on Facebook (1 extra entry).  If you are already following one or both that counts too! Just leave me a comment if you decide to do the extra entries.

I will announce the giveaway winner next Saturday on my Happy List Saturdays post.

That's all I got this week.  I am going to take a nice long sleep...... a long, long, long sleep. I hope you all have a peaceful weekend :)


18 comments:

Rachel said...

I already follow you on both your other blog and on your Facebook page.
One of the items on my happy list this week is my trip to Seattle too. We will be there this weekend. We live about 2 hours from Seattle. If you every come our way again let me know. Maybe we could meet in person. I look forward to Saturdays, so that I can share my happy list for the week. It sure helps to be able to think about things that make me happy during the week. Thanks for starting this blog hop

Mary said...

Hey Lady!! I hope you don't mind but I combined my post for your blog hop with another one. They are both very very similar.

Natasha!! You didn't have room for me in your suitcase to go with ya'll to Seattle?! Just kidding ;) I hope you had a lot of fun! I am in love with your tulip picture as well as your new bracelet!

And of course you know that I follow you on your FB page and blogs :) I'm so excited for your giveaway!!

<3 Mary

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your Happy Saturdays blogs faithfully, but truly was so down these last few weeks that I didn't have the strength to join. The good news is, that I seem to be climbing, and was thinking about what I was going to blog about, even before I read about the giveaway (wink, wink!) lol!

Raquel said...

Hi Natasha!! I love your list. Maybe one day I'll make it to Seattle. =0)

I added my happy list and am excited about your giveaway. I follow both of your blogs but am not on facebook so hopefully I can still enter.

Sending hugs your way!

Natasha said...

Rachel I'll have to let you know the next time we are up there although it may be a while because it's a LONG way from Texas!

Natasha said...

That's no problem Mary...I'm thinking about doing the Friday blog hop too. I will definitely find room for you on the next trip- lol :)

Natasha said...

Sherri- I'm so glad you decided to join us this week! And I'm glad you are doing better :) Can't wait to read your list!

Natasha said...

Thanks for joining in today Raquel! I'll be coming over to read your list soon!

DandelionBreeze said...

Always love your Happy List.... just added mine - sorry it's a little late but have so much fun making it :)) Love always xoxo

Natasha said...

It's not late at all- going over now to read it!

Hillary said...

Love love love the ring! Its gorgeous and I'm super jealous!

Molly said...

Yay! How exciting! This whole giveaway thing is cool! :) LOVE your jewelry! I am OBSESSED with my Hayes jewelry. I have been meaning to post pics of my stuff. Will do that this week!

And I already follow you on BoL! Can't follow on FB bc I dropped it in November. It made me too sad. :( I miss it so much though!!

My New Normal said...

Love this idea for a blog hop. Sorry I'm not participating this week but I'm just not feeling it. Especially since it's mother's day here in England. Hopefully I will be feeling more cheerful next week.

Tiffany said...

i know exactly what you mean about your list being affected b/c of a difficult week. it's so very hard to see the happiness in life sometimes when our world has been so incredibly shattered. but i am with you, the other BLMs that i have met on this journey (you included) have been my strength. i would have made it this far without you guys. i absolutely love your ring. i think i might wander over and see what other rings there are. i would love to have something like that for my Juji. talk about armor, i feel like i'm going to end up looking like flava flav with all the jewelry i wear for him. lol.

i'm a follower of BoL blog and FB

Natasha said...

MNN- it's ok...I definitely understand. Sending you lots of love today!

Natasha said...

Tiffany you have me cracking up over here!!! LOL@ Flava Flav! You are definitely a source of strength for me too mama! Sending lots of love to you!!!

xoxo

Caroline said...

Great list , love the ring. So beautiful. I hope you have a Happy week.

Remembering Aiden with you {{HUGS}}

Holly said...

I've wanted to join in on your Happy List the past 2 Saturdays but the day has gotten away from me. Hopefully this Saturday I will be able to!

Post a Comment

Lovely Little Notes....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...