I remember the last time I cried. It was the night before the March of Dimes Walk. I went to Aiden's room and looked around at his things. I picked up his pictures and cried for what I didn't have...for what I'd never have. That's how Nygel and Cami found me....broken....in the beautiful rocking chair we bought for my little guy. Nygel helped me get to the room and I broke down in the bed again and cried for a long long time. He sat with me until I fell asleep. It was a rough night.
I cried today.....I had to talk about my Aiden and what happened that horrible day in November. I had to talk about how I had a perfect pregnancy.....an awesome amazing baby.....3 weeks left before I was to meet him. And then in the blink of an eye my little man was gone. Forever. And I was broken.....so super broken. And today I had to talk about it......and I cried.
I miss him so much. I long for all the things we planned for him. All the things that I think of as I go about my daily activities.
When I go in the bathroom by his room I picture myself bent over the tub giving him a bath or the cute little white step I wanted to get to put in front of the sink when he was old enough to brush his teeth.
When I go in my guest room I picture my mom there hanging out on the bed with Aiden- taking care of him while we went to work. Laughing and talking and spoiling him like crazy.
When I look at his garden I picture my 6 month old laying on a blanket in the garden while the rest of us worked on the yard. And then I see myself giving up on the yard work (as I so often do) and laying on the blanket with him. And snuggling......
When I go into my kitchen I picture Aiden in his bouncer watching me cook dinner. I picture the baby food maker I had planned to purchase and all the meals I had planned out for him- sweet potatoes and pears, fresh green beans, and apple sauce. I
When I go into my bedroom and I look at our bed I always picture Aiden in the middle of my down comforter. I picture him looking so comfortable wedged between his Daddy and I as Nygel watches basketball and I read a book. Happily playing with his feet or a toy. I long for him to be in our bed instead of on the side of our bed in his urn. It breaks my heart every time......
I long for what I think is his smell. I often go in his closet and smell all the clothes I had washed and ready for him. I wish it were him I was smelling instead. I wish I could feel those soft fingers and toes. I long to kiss his feet and the rolls of fat on his arms and legs. I wish I could hold my baby........
I cried today......I haven't done that in a while. I cried because I miss my son. No matter what I do I can't ever have him here with me. No matter how many good things happen to us it doesn't outweigh the horrible reality that my son is gone. And no matter how I try to put on a happy face and no matter how many times I really am actually happy......I am still so super broken about losing my precious Aiden.......











I'd love to hear from you!
































17 comments:
I'm so sorry Natasha! What a heartbeaking, beautiful post! I wish Aiden were with you doing all of those things too! And I've been crying all day today, so I'm right there with you.
Hugs
Thinking about you today.
Oh Natasha...I'm crying with you. I wish Aiden were here to do all those things you see in your head. I'm so sorry you've had a hard day. Love to you!
I am so sorry it has been hard...it never gets really easier, it is just more barable...I miss my son more now than I did 2 months ago, a week ago...it is not fair that some of us have to go through something like the death of a child. I hope that you week gets better ((Hugs))
I'm so sorry you're having a tough time. This is all such a horror. :(
"No matter how many good things happen to us it doesn't outweigh the horrible reality that my son is gone. And no matter how I try to put on a happy face and no matter how many times I really am actually happy......I am still so super broken about losing my precious Aiden......."
yes. this resonates with me. we are all still so super broken. and i don't think the broken-ness ever goes away. i think we eventually learn to live as broken people. learn the things we can not do, or places we can not go. we figure out how to best live in this world in our broken state. i am far from figuring it out. at this moment, i don't want to figure it out, i just want Julius. but with time and hard work, i assume that one day i (and you) will. until that time, know that you have a super broken friend in me. and though i can't fix anything (and God i wish i could), i do understand, and i am always here to vent/cry to. i'm just a phone call away. i love you my fellow broken friend. ♥
These awful days are difficult. I think they get harder to deal with when they become less frequent. I'm sorry your Aiden isn't here anymore. I wish I could make it better for all of us. xo
I don't know if that empty feeling ever goes away but I am hopeful that in time the days feel less dark and lonely. I am so sorry for the loss of your precious baby.
Natasha, I wish I could give you a hug. Broken is exactly the word that goes through my mind when I think about the Mommy that Ellie left behind. People want us to focus on what we have, the good things. And I do. But it doesn't change the fact that our babies are gone. They will always be gone. You aren't alone in this. Many of us understand. I am here for you! Sending lots of love.
Of course you are sweet lady. Your son is gone, and there will always be something enormous missing in your life. Sometimes we just need those days to let it all out. I'm so sorry you're going through such a rough time, wishing I could do or say something. I miss your baby boy for you Natasha, and I so wish you were holding your baby boy tonight. Sending all my love,
I'm so so sorry Natasha. At times we just need to let it out. I was telling a friend that I have a lot less down days now but when they decide to creep up, oh do they creep up. I have a long long cry. It's just so hard sometimes to keep maintaining the heartbroken-ness inside. The pieces will never fit back together when there is a piece missing. I'm sorry it's been such a rough time. Wishing you peace. Thinking of you and your little man Aiden.
xxxx
Mary
I'm very sorry that Aiden is gone. You need to cry and get it out and not hold in that hurt. I know the pain is sometimes next to impossible to overcome. Please know that we grieve with you, for you. (((HUGS)))
Natasha,
This post breaks my heart. I know the feeling all too well...please know i'm thinking of you and you are very much cared for. I'm sorry your night was rough...hugs-
Felicia
I'm so sorry & I'm praying for you !! I wish I could jump through this computer & {{HUG}} you. You have a special place in my heart always.
Take care
Sometimes the tears just fall. For no reason at all other than, they aren't here. HUGS! <3 <3 <3
Tash....I read this and my heart just broke for you! I can't begin to understand what you are going through I just wanted to tell you that I love you and if you need me I am just a phone call away!
Im so sorry... your love and bond is amazing!! Crying is normal and very ok!! You are an amazing lady im so sorry your sweet little boy isnt here on this earth with you!! Much love mama
Post a Comment
Lovely Little Notes....