Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hugs From God

I haven't posted all week which surprised me....I think I needed a little break.  I have been reading all the posts from the BLMs I follow and sending lots of prayers and love.  But I haven't been able to post.  Instead this week I wrote Aiden a letter.  I haven't written to him in awhile so instead of pouring everything out here I shared it with my son.  It was a super long letter but it felt so good to share with him everything that's been going on this week.  I love my special time with my little man.

I was feeling a little down this week.  As you all know it comes in waves and you never know when it's gonna hit you.  I miss Aiden.  Yesterday I almost lost it in a shoe store.  We were buying some Toms for me to wear for the summer and there were two moms gushing over each others newborns near the checkout- very loudly.  Normally I would look to see the cute babies...but not anymore.  I nearly burst into tears waiting for Nygel to pay for the shoes.  I was sad for a little while as we drove home.  Nygel knew it too.  He asked me if I was thinking of Aiden and of course my answer was yes.  So sad...nothing can just be normal anymore.

Another thing weighing heavily on my heart in addition to missing Aiden is all the stories of baby loss I've seen just in this last week.  I swear- every time I see another family with shattered dreams I want to bawl.  It....Breaks....My....Heart.....every time.  I am in constant prayer for these families as they try to pick up the pieces of their lives.

On Facebook early this week I posted this status:

"God always knows when you need a hug"

And it's so true. He really does. I was surprised this week by one of my staff.  Her son is 15 years old and paints.  When his mom showed him Aiden's name in the sand he spent two weeks painting his own version of Aiden's name in the sand.  That's right- HE PAINTED IT!!!  And it's absolutely gorgeous.  Everyone in the office could hear me screaming- "Oh my God- I love it!!!" over and over again!  I was so surprised and I really needed it.


Isn't he talented?????!!!!!  It's beautiful right????!!!!!  Totally made my day!  Thank you Keith!!!

Also I've been working like crazy on several different projects in Aiden's honor.  I'll have more details shortly so PLEASE keep a watch on my blog to find out what is coming soon!  Can't wait to share with you guys because all the BLMs I've meet in the last 4 months have truly inspired me. I've been looking for ways to remember all your precious angels and honor my amazing little man.  And I've FINALLY figured out how to do just that.  Like I said keep checking back and you'll see what I've been up to.  Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday......


12 comments:

DandelionBreeze said...

Gorgeous painting... he certainly is very talented :) Can't wait to hear about your projects :)) Supporting you all the way xo

Mattie said...

That is beautiful!

Franchesca said...

Oh my word. How beautiful is the painting, and what a beautiful heart he has!!!! I can only imagine how much this just melted your heart!!

Lots of love to you.

xoxo

Mary said...

That is a wonderful surprise! It's such a beautiful painting! He is very talented! Can't wait to hear more about your project :)

<3 Mary

Deanna said...

That is beautiful!! Every time I get anything with River's name on it, I am just thrilled. I can imagine the joy you have seeing this!

Can't wait to hear about your projects!
Hugs!!

Natasha said...

Thanks guys! I'll keep you posted on everything!

Tiffany said...

you weren't kidding, he is very talented! i love the colors of it. beautiful! ♥
((hugs)) i know how you feel. i can't bear to look at babies and preggo moms. it makes me so sad.

PrincessKalico said...

Beautiful painting and very thoughtful.

Sometimes I am ok around babies and sometimes I just can't stand to be in the same room. It is very tiring never knowing how something will affect you from day to day.

The statement about God always knowing when you need a hug is defaintly true. My mom told me she was on the beach the other day and feeling sad as she wrote my daughter's name in the sand and another lady walked up and asked if she needed a hug. That day was the lady's late husband's 1 year mark from when he died and she needed a hug too. They hugged a cried together on the beach. Two strangers that needed a hug found each other on the beach. God truly is amazing.

Natasha said...

Tiffany I know right- it's just a fabulous painting! It's so tough wanting to be happy for people and feeling so awful about your situation.

hugs to you too mama ♥

Natasha said...

Heather that's a great story! I'm so glad that your mom and the lady on the beach were able to be there for each other like that. Literally a hug from God! Beautiful!

TanaLee Davis said...

That is soooo beautiful! I wish I could paint like that. I look forward to hearing about what your goning to do in honor of aiden.
~Felicia

Natasha said...

Thanks Felicia! I'll keep you posted on the projects.

Post a Comment

Lovely Little Notes....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...